Makes 20 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 2 hours
4 tablespoons butter
1 can condensed milk
4 pieces egg yolks
1¼ cup powdered milk
4 tablespoons cashews, chopped
3 cup glutinous rice flour
1 1/2 cup water
1 cup coconut cream
¾ cup brown sugar
1. In a pan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add condensed milk and egg yolks, quickly whisking until well combined and thickened. Add milk powder and chopped cashews until a pliable wet, and runny paste. Let cool.
2. Scoop into small balls and chill.
1. Combine glutinous rice flour and water in a bowl and make a dough. Form into balls and flatten out.
2. Place one of the set yema fillings in the middle of the carioca dough and form into balls.
3. In a deep frying pan over medium-low heat, fry the carioca until golden and crispy for about 5 minutes. Drain excess oil and set aside.
1. In a small saucepan, combine coconut cream and brown sugar, and heat until thickened.
2. Drizzle syrup over carioca and enjoy!