PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 3 cake cones
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
1 pack (200 grams) store-bought butter cake mix, cooked according to package instructions (or a 6-inch diameter ready-made butter cake)
1 to 2 tablespoons store-bought vanilla icing
1/3 cup shaved ube chocolate bar
1 1/2 tablespoon evaporated milk
3 pieces wafer cones
1/2 cup shaved white chocolate bar
1/3 cup shaved dark chocolate bar
6 pieces small chocolate chips
1. Slice the cooled cake into squares. Place into a food processor or blender. Pulse the food processor until the cake turns into crumbs. You may also place on a bowl and use your hands to crumble the cake.
2. Add a tablespoon of vanilla icing and mix with the cake crumbs. Check the consistency if there’s enough icing to mold the cake into balls. Add 1/2 a tablespoon of icing at a time until desired consistency.
3. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop and pack the cake into it and place on a lined plate. Freeze the cake balls for 30 minutes or more.
4. On a double boiler, place the ube chocolate shavings and evaporated milk. Once big pieces melted, turn off the heat and mix until smooth.
5. Place the melted ube chocolate on a plate. Quickly roll the wafer cones onto the chocolate and let the cones stand on a lined plate. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens.
6. On a double boiler, melt the shaved white chocolate in increments. Once the first batch is melted, turn off the heat and mix in the next batch until melted and smooth.
7. Take the cake balls from the freezer. Gently roll into the white chocolate until completely covered. Place back on the plate and freeze for another 10 minutes.
8. On a double boiler, melt the shaved dark chocolate in increments. Once the first batch is melted, turn off the heat and mix in the next batch until melted and smooth. Transfer to a piping bag.
9. On a serving plate, place the cold cake balls and design the hair and mouth with the melted dark chocolate. Use chocolate chips for the eyes. Add the wafer as a hat. Serve!