PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 6 to 8 brownies
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
Candied Dilis and Peanut Topping:
1 cup dried dilis, small
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup peanuts, roasted, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon water
1 cup tablespoon brown sugar
¼ cup corn syrup
¾ cup butter, softened
¾ cup white chocolate, chopped into pieces
¾ cup sugar
½ cup dark brown sugar
2 pieces eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
1¼ cup flour
1/2 cup ube jam
White Chocolate Ganache:
1 cup white chocolate, chopped into pieces
3 – 4 tbsp fresh milk
For Dilis Topping:
1. In a pan on medium heat without any oil, pour dilis and saute until browned or toasted. Take out from pan and set aside.
2. In a pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add toasted dilis and continue sautéing for a few minutes. Add peanuts and continue cooking, stirring constantly until the peanuts are crunchy and dilis have turned light brown.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together water, brown sugar, and corn syrup until sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Pour sugar mixture over the hot dilis mixture and stir until everything is well coated and reduced into sticky consistency. Remove from pan and cool.
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Grease the bottom of a baking pan with butter then line with 2 overlapping layers of wax paper, leaving flaps to hang over the sides of pan.
3. In a small pot over medium-low heat, simmer some water. Place a bowl over the pot of simmering water, making sure that the bowl does not tough the surface of the water. Melt the white chocolate with the butter until almost completely melted. Remove from heat and stir to melt completely.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the sugars until well combined. Using a hand mixer, add the eggs one by one, making sure it is thoroughly combined after each addition. Mixture should double in volume and be fluffy and pale.
5. Add in melted chocolate and mix well.
6. Separate the batter in 2 bowls and set aside. Retain one batter mixture as is, while add the ube jam in the other bowl mixing well using a hand mixer.
7. In another bowl, combine flour and salt and mix well. Divide the flour mixture into two, adding it gradually in both batter mixtures (white chocolate batter and ube white chocolate batter). Fold in and mix both batters well.
8. Pour some of the white chocolate batter into prepared baking pan making sure to smoothen the top evenly and then pour a layer of the ube batter in the pan. Continue pouring the 2 batters alternately until you’ve filled up the baking pan.
9. Using a barbeque stick, cut through the batter and slightly mix it to create swirls.
10. Bake for about 30 – 45 minutes. Once done take out from oven and place in cooling rack. Once cooled down, cut brownie into squares and then drizzle with white chocolate ganache and top with candied dilis and nuts.
Liked the ube twist to our brownie recipe? Check out how you can enjoy your brownies in Four Pinoy ways.