PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
2 cups squash, diced
2 cups kamote, diced
1 cup malunggay leaves
½ cup red onions, minced
¼ cup garlic, minced
1 piece egg
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon ground black pepper
2 cups flour
2 pieces eggs, beaten
2 cups breadcrumbs
Oil, for deep frying
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup rice vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
½ cup white onions, sliced into rings
2 pieces eggs, lightly beaten
1. Place squash and kamote in a baking tray, season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes.
2. Mash together roasted squash and kamote in a food processor and add onions, garlic, and malunggay until well combined. Add soy sauce and egg. Adjust flavor with salt and pepper if necessary.
3. Transfer mixture into a bowl and mix in flour.
1. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
2. Form veggie mixture into large patties and coat in flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs.
3. Fry until golden. Cool and make slices on the patty, making sure not to cut all the way through.
1. In a pan, combine chicken stock, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar. Stir until well combined and bring to a boil. Add onion slices and simmer until softened.
2. Add fried patty and allow to simmer in the sauce for a few minutes. Pour beaten egg all over, cover and cook until the egg has set.
3. Top katsudon over hot rice and enjoy!