Makes 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
¾ cup soy sauce
½ cup vinegar
¼ cup oyster sauce
1½ tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
⅓ cup button mushroom, diced small
⅓ cup shitake mushroom, diced small
⅓ cup wood ear mushroom, diced small
½ cup firm tofu, cubed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
¼ cup white onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 thumb-sized ginger, minced
2 pieces labuyo, chopped
¼ cup broccoli, cut into small florets
¼ cup cauliflower, cut into small florets
¼ cup carrot, diced small
¼ cup baby corn, chopped
¼ cup green bell pepper, diced small
¼ cup red bell pepper, diced small
1 cup squash, boiled and diced
1/2 cup coconut milk
Cornstarch dissolved in water, as needed
Fish sauce, to taste
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until well combined. Add all of the mushrooms and mix until well combined and everything is coated. Marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Grill the tofu cubes in a non-stick pan or a cast iron pan until slightly charred. Set aside.
3. In a cast iron pan, add the oil and sauté onions, garlic, and ginger until fragrant and translucent. Add the labuyo and sauté some more.
4. Strain the mushrooms and discard the marinade. Add the mushrooms into the mix. Cook for a few minutes. Add the vegetables and quickly stir fry just until the vegetables are just half cooked. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
1. Puree all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
1. Heat up the stone plate then add the sisig. Top with grilled tofu and pour the sauce over the sisig.
Leave a Reply