Makes 10 to 12 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
2 ½ cups galapong (glutinous rice flour)
1 cup water
1 cup ube halaya
½ cup sugar
1 cup grated coconut
¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine galapong and water until a dough forms. Knead the dough until smooth and softened.
- With slightly wet hands, scoop out 1 heaping tbsp of dough and shape into a ball. Arrange and flatten in a flour surface. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Put about ½ tbsp of ube inside. Fold and shape your dough to secure the filling inside.Dust with flour to secure further. Repeat to all.
- Boil water in a cooking pot then put in stuffed dough. Do it in batches to not overcrowd your pot.
- When Palitaw dough starts to float, just leave it for 2 minutes more before you remove them from the pot. Use a slotted spoon so that the water will drip off.
- Roll the Palitaw in fresh grated coconut then top with sugar and sesame seeds.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]