Makes 2 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 25 minutes
2 tablespoons cooking oil
8-12 pieces tuyo
500 grams spaghetti
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 cloves garlic, thinly-sliced
½ cup tomatoes, de-seeded and sliced
1 tsp chili flakes
5 tablespoons atchuete oil
1 square kesong puti, cubed
½ cup parsley, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat up cooking oil in a frying pan. Fry tuyo until crisp and golden brown. Blot off excess oil using paper towels.
- Fillet tuyo and shred fish meat into flakes. Set aside.
- Boil salted water for spaghetti. Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside ½ a cup of water before draining.
- Heat up olive oil over low heat. Add garlic slivers and slowly saute until lightly browned.
- Mix in tomatoes and chili flakes. Saute until tomatoes are soft.
- Add pasta water and let simmer.
- Mix in drained pasta and atchuete oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tuyo flakes and kesong puti. Toss until well combined.
- Top with parsley and serve with garlic bread.