Makes 6-12 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
10 pieces saba banana, sliced
½ cup sweetened langka, cut into strips
Oil, for frying
½ cup butter
¾ cup over ripe bananas, mashed
2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
½ cup lambanog (OPTIONAL IF AVAILABLE: banana-flavored lambanog)
1 cup pineapple juice
½ cup brown sugar
Sesame seeds, toasted
1. Wrap saba banana and langka strips in lumpia wrapper and seal.
2. Fry turon pieces in oil over medium heat for a few minutes. Set aside.
3. Make glaze: in a large wok over medium heat, place butter and mashed bananas and cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
4. Add cinnamon powder and continue to cook for another minute.
5. Pour in lambanog and cook for a few minutes to cook off alcohol.
6. Mix in pineapple juice and continue to cook for a few more minutes. Add sugar and cook until syrupy.
7. Add turon into the glaze and toss to coat. Serve topped with sesame seeds.
Liked this boozy turon recipe? Also try our rice wrap recipe Binatog Turon.