PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 servings
Preparation time: 1 hour
16 pieces molo wrapper
1 tablespoon melted butter
2 tablespoons white sugar
4 pieces ripe banana, frozen overnight
3 pieces calamansi, juiced
½ cup langka syrup
½ cup langka, chopped
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Using a muffin mold, place about 2 to 4 molo wrappers in each opening to make a cup. Brush each layer with the melted butter and sprinkle with the white sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the turon cups are brown. Set aside.
1. Remove the peels from the frozen bananas and drizzle with calamansi juice. Blend in a food processor or blender just until a creamy texture is achieved. Scoop it out and store in the freezer.
1. Heat the langka syrup and langka pieces in a non-stick pan over medium.
Transfer to a blender and blend until fine.
1. In a sauce pot over medium heat, add the water and sugar to make caramel. Stir just until the sugar dissolves. Let it simmer. Swirl the pan once in awhile. Allow it to boil until thick. Be careful not to over boil and burn the sugar. Keep warm.
1. On a plate, spread the langka coulis and place the cups in the center. Scoop out the ice cream on the cups and drizzle with caramel. Optional: Create hard caramel by drizzling the mixture on parchment paper or on the back of an oiled cup. Slowly remove and add to the ice cream.