Makes: 8 – 10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
1/4 kilo pork face
1/4 cup pig brains
1/2 piece white onion, quartered
3 pieces garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1/4 teaspoon peppercorns
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
1/4 cup white onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 piece calamansi, juiced
4 pieces eggplants
6 pieces eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place pig brains in a heat-safe resealable plastic and include in a large pot with pig face. Pour about 6 cups of water. Add onions, garlic, peppercorns, salt, and 1/2 cup soy sauce then bring to a boil. Simmer until soft for about 1 hour.
2. Once soft, take out the pork and pat dry with a towel.
3. Grill or place in the oven until crispy. Set aside to cool. Once cool, mince the cooked pork and set aside.
4. In a pan, sauté the onions in oil over medium heat for a few minutes, until aromatic.
Add the minced pork and mix until well combined. Adjust taste with garlic, pepper, and soy sauce and calamansi if necessary. Set aside.
1. Grill eggplants until skin has charred. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Scrape off the skin and flatten the eggplants.
3. In a wide bowl, beat 2 eggs and season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a pan with a bit of oil. Dip the eggplant on the bowl with egg and place in the pan. Once bottom is cooked, place a spoonful of sisig on the middle of the tortang talong. Top with a new egg and cook sunny side up. Serve hot.