Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
4 pieces large eggplants, washed
Cooking oil for sautéing
1/4 piece onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup ground pork
1/8 cup spring onions
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
3 pieces small eggs
1/3 cup flour
14 pieces green sili, washed
1 cup cheddar cheese, sliced into long strips
14 pieces lumpia wrapper
1 pieces egg, beaten
Cooking oil for deep frying
1/8 cup mayonnaise
3 teaspoons ketchup
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Grill eggplants until softened and skin darkens. Allow to cool, then remove stem and peel off skin. Set aside.
2. In a pan over medium heat, heat oil sauté onions and garlic until fragrant. Add ground pork and season with spring onions, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until brown and cooked. Drain excess oil and transfer to a bowl.
3. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
4. In a large bowl, mash together grilled eggplants, sautéed ground pork, beaten eggs, and flour. Set aside.
1. Grill green sili until slightly softened. Allow to cool, then slice in the center lengthwise and remove seeds and pith. Set aside.
2. Lay one lumpia wrapper on a large flat surface. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of tortang talong, and place 1 green sili on top. Stuff sili with cheese strips.
3. Carefully roll lumpia wrapper using the egg wash as glue to completely seal dynamite, with only the sili stem poking out.
4. In a deep fryer, cook dynamites until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
1. Mix together all ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Serve sauce with crispy dynamites and enjoy!