Makes 8 pieces
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
1/2 cup coconut water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon anise powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
7 egg yolks
1/8 cup cooking oil
3 tablespoons evaporated milk
1/3 cup condensed milk
1. Boil coconut water and sugar until syrupy. Set aside to cool.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, anise powder, and salt in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
3. In another bowl, cream the butter and egg yolks. Add the coconut syrup, evaporated milk, condensed milk, and cooking oil.
4. Fold in the dry ingredients mixture just until mixed.
5. Oil up tin molds and sprinkle with flour to avoid batter from sticking. Pour the batter into the molds until 3/4 full.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees C for about 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the batter comes out clean.
7. Once slightly cool, brush with butter on top and sprinkle with powdered sugar.