PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
1 dozen quail eggs, hard boiled and peeled
2 cups tocino, minced
1 cup flour
1 piece egg, beaten
1 cup breadcrumbs
Cooking oil for deep frying
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon red chilli flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Scoop a spoonful of the minced tocino and carefully mold around the hard boiled quail egg until fully and evenly covered.
2. Dredge coated quail egg in flour, beaten egg, then breadcrumbs.
3. In a saucepan with hot oil, deep fry coated quail egg until crust is golden brown.
4. Once cooked, blot with paper towels to remove excess oil and allow to cool.
1. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until well incorporated. Serve with crusted eggs and enjoy!