Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
2 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
1 1/4 cup powdered milk, sifted
1/3 cup quezo de bola, finely grated
1/8 cup white sugar
1. Using an electric mixer, combine together melted butter and condensed milk in a bowl.
2. Gradually add powdered milk until mixture has a clay-like consistency.
3. Fold in grated quezo de bola and incorporate into pastillas mixture well.
4. With a rolling pin, flatten the pastillas mixture. Slice into long strips with a sharp knife, then roll pastillas in white sugar until fully coated.
5. In a pre-heated oven, bake the pastillas for 5 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius or until desired light brown color is achieved. Allow to cool, and serve to your eager, sweet-toothed guests!