PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 4 hours and 30 minutes
3 pieces eggs, whites and yolks separated
1/4 cup white sugar, divided
1/2 block cream cheese
1 1/3 heavy cream, divided
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
25 pieces La Pacita Prima Toast Classic
3 cups brewed black coffee
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1. Whisk together the egg yolks and 1/8 cup of the sugar over a double boiler until light and fluffy making sure not to scramble the eggs.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, 3/4 cup of heavy cream, sour cream, and butter until well combined. Fold in the egg yolk mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the egg whites and sugar into a stiff meringue and fold this into the cream cheese and egg yolk mixture.
4. In a chilled bowl, whisk the remaining heavy cream into stiff peaks and fold it into the cream cheese, egg yolk, and meringue mixture. Set aside.
5. Dip the La Pacita Prima Toast Classic into the coffee and line the bottom of a deep 8 x 4 inches baking pan with around 8 pieces. Spread a layer of the cheese mixture on top and add a thin dusting of cocoa powder on top. Repeat until you reach 3 layers.
6. Chill for 4 hours to set.