PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 Servings
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
½ kilo large shrimps, shelled and deveined
1 small pack large siling haba
¼ cup mozzarella cheese, sliced into thin sticks
1 piece egg yolk
1 cup ice water
1 cup cake flour
¼ cup flour
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup dashi stock
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
½ tablespoon sugar
2 pieces labuyo, deseeded
Ginger, grated, to taste
½ cup mayonnaise
1. Flatten the shrimp by slicing along the segments, then cut crosswise into two pieces without removing the tail. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Remove stem, slice, and de-seed the siling haba.
3. Stuff shrimp meat with tail on open end of the siling haba. Add mozzarella sticks. Secure and roll in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
4. Combine egg yolk and ice water in a bowl. Add cake flour and whisk until just combined. Set aside batter.
5. Dip dynamites in batter. Fry on high heat until golden, about a few minutes. Drain excess oil and set aside to cool.
1. Combine dashi stock, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sugar in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Cool.
2. Mash grated ginger and labuyo together into a paste.
3. Mix dashi stock mixture, spicy ginger mash, and mayonnaise together until well combined. Serve with crispy tempura dynamites and enjoy with a beer or two!