Makes 3 to 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
¾ cup gabi, mashed
1½ cups Water
½ cup milk
4 pieces eggs
¾ cup cornstarch
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
Oil, for frying
2 tablespoons cooking oil
¼ cup onions, sliced
3 tablespoons garlic, minced
½ kilo pork belly, small dice
¼ kilo ground pork
1 cup pork broth
2 tablespoons Fish sauce
2 cups kamote, cut into thin sticks
1 cup extra firm tofu, sliced into thin sticks
1 cup carrots, sliced into thin matchsticks
1 cup green beans
2 cups ubod
1 cup singkamas, sliced into thin sticks
1 cup shrimp, peeled
1 cup cabbage, chopped
1 cup salted fried peanuts, chopped
1½ tablespoon garlic, minced
¼ cup soy sauce
1 cup peanut butter
⅓ cup brown sugar
2 cups water
¼ cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon butter
1 small pack lettuce leaves
¾ cup salted fried peanuts, chopped
¼ cup spring onions, finely chopped
1. In a bowl, whisk mashed gabi into water until completely dissolved. Strain mixture into milk and beat in eggs one at a time until well mixed.
2. Add cornstarch, flour and salt, whisking until smooth. Strain to get rid of any lumps.
3. Heat up a wide pan sprayed with oil on medium high and place a ladle of the mixture and spread it around to make a crepe. Allow it to cook for 1- 2 minutes and flip. Continue for the rest of the batter. Set aside.
1. In a large pan over medium-high heat, saute onions and garlic in oil until translucent and fragrant. Add pork belly and ground pork then cook until lightly browned.
2. Add pork broth and fish sauce and simmer until pork becomes tender. When most of the liquid has evaporated, add the kamote and allow to cook until soft.
3. Add the tofu, carrots, green beans, ubod, singkamas, and shrimp, sauteeing for a few minutes until shrimp is cooked. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in cabbage and peanuts just until well incorporated and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
1. Over high heat, heat garlic in a bit of oil. Add soy sauce, peanut butter, sugar, and water. Once combined, mix in cornstarch and butter. Set aside the lumpia sauce.
2. Lay flat one lumpia wrapper and drizzle with lumpia sauce. Place lettuce on the top edge. Scoop a few tablespoons of filling in the middle and add chopped peanuts and drizzle more lumpia sauce.
3. Sandwich the wrapper and garnish with chopped spring onions.