PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 15 to 20 pieces
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
2½ cups kamote, sliced and boiled
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup crushed peanuts
1 cup glutinous rice flour
⅛ cup sugar
½ cup water
Cooking oil, for frying
1. Place water in small pot over medium heat. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Let it slightly boil and occasionally stir the pot until the liquid turns syrupy. Set aside.
2. In a bowl with boiled kamote, add butter, and the sugar syrup. Mash until combined. Fold in the cashews. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, combine glutinous rice flour and sugar together until well combined. Add water until a smooth dough forms. Form into small balls.
2. Lightly coat hands with sesame oil. Flatten rice flour dough balls and place filling inside. Wrap the dough around filling with even thickness and form into balls.
4. Lightly dampen each ball with water and roll in sesame seeds, lightly pressing the seeds onto the ball to make sure they stick.
5. Heat oil over medium-low heat and fry the buchi for about 5 minutes, rotating constantly.
Turn the heat to high and continue frying for a few more minutes.