Makes: 4 – 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
6 pieces pork chops, deboned
1 cup flour, seasoned
2 pieces eggs, beaten
1 cup breadcrumbs
Oil, for frying
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup pineapple chunks/tidbits
⅔ cup sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
½ cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
½ piece red bell pepper
1 cup red onion, sliced
½ cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Cut small slits along the edge of the pork chops to avoid curling during frying.
2. Coat pork chops in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs.
3. Deep fry porkchops in oil for a few minutes, until golden brown.
4. In another pan, melt butter. Add pineapple chunks, sugar, soy sauce and ketchup. Mix in pineapple juice and cornstarch mixture. Simmer while stirring until reduced.
5. Add bell pepper, onion and green beans. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat before vegetables are fully cooked.
6. Spoon sauce over pork chops. Serve hot.