Home » Stuffed Pandan Palitaw In Latik
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 6 to 8 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 45 mins.
1½ cup water
3 pieces pandan leaves
1 teaspoon green food coloring / buko pandan flavoring
2 ½ cups glutinous rice flour
Water for cooking
2 cups young coconut meat, shredded
½ cup muscovado suger
½ cup brown sugar
1½ cups coconut water
2 pieces pandan leaves
2 cups coconut cream
1 cup panutsa
3 leaves pandan
1. In a pot, boil pandan leaves in water for a few minutes. Allow to steep until cool. Mix in food coloring / buko pandan flavoring.
2. Combine glutinous rice flour and pandan water to make a pliable, smooth dough. Form into slightly thick medium-sized patties. Set aside onto a banana leaf or plate dusted with flour.
1. Mix everything together let cook/ simmer on medium heat until liquid has been reduced and coconut meat has been cooked
1. Form cooled filling into small balls.
2. Place filling in the middle of the palitaw and fold it over to cover all the filling. Form into balls then carefully flatten.
3. In a pot over medium-high heat, boil the stuffed palitaw for a few minutes until they float to the top. Set aside on some paper towels to let excess water drip.
1. In a pot over medium heat, bring the coconut cream to a boil and add pandan leaves and panutsa pieces. Boil.
2. Boil the palitaw balls in the latik sauce until soft and the balls float and the sauce has thickened.