Makes 15 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
15 pieces shitake mushrooms
1/4 cup bacon, chopped
1/4 cup ham, chopped
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
2 pieces eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon butter
1 pack Hunt’s Tomato Sauce Parmesan Cheese (125 grams)
4 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 cup Quickmelt Cheese
1/2 cup parsley
- Wash mushrooms thoroughly and remove the stems, set aside.
- Chop the mushrooms stems.
- On a deep bowl, combine ham, bacon, mushroom stems, cheese, bell pepper, breadcrumbs and eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Pour olive oil and saute onions until translucent. Add garlic. Mix in basil, butter, and Hunt’s Tomato Sauce Parmesan Cheese. Set aside.
- Wipe or squeeze mushrooms to remove excess water.
- Put a spoonful of the meat and breadcrumbs mixture into the mushroom crates and top with sauce, sour cream, cheese, and parsley.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms on baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and serve on a shallow platter.