Home » Steamed Patola and Egg Cups
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 2 – 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 20 – 30 minutes
2 pcs whole patola, peeled and sliced into 4-inch discs and cored
2 pcs eggs, scrambled
1 pc salted egg, both egg yolk and egg white finely mashed
3 pcs garlic, peeled and minced
½ cup malunggay leaves, cleaned
¼ cup quickmelt cheese
1 tbsp toasted garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp of sesame oil
1. In a blender, pulse together the minced garlic, mashed salted egg, and whole eggs and malunggay. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. After peeling the luffa/ patola, slice it horizontally making about 4-inch discs in height. Using a paring knife or a small knife, cut through the middle part of the disc to create a cavity/ crater, leaving just a thin layer of flesh at the bottom to close it so the egg mixture doesn’t seep out.
3. In a tray take the prepped patola, drizzle with sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Take the small muffin tins/ cups place one patola on each cup and pour the egg mixture inside the cored patola. Do not let it overflow.
5. Place all in a steamer and steam for about 3 minutes. Garnish with toasted garlic and cheese.