Home » Soup No. 5
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 6 Servings
Preparation and cooking time: 2 hours
Beef testes and butt /soup no. 5 set, washed well
3 pieces Oxtail, skin on and sliced
1 piece garlic head, cloves smashed
¼ cup ginger, sliced and smashed
2 pieces red onion, large, quartered
½ tablespoon peppercorns
2 packs sibot herb mix
2 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons butter
8 pieces garlic cloves, minced
1 piece red onion, large minced
¼ cup ginger, grated
4 pieces celery stalks, chopped
2 pieces labanos, small, sliced
¼ cup fish sauce
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a pressure cooker, place the soup no. 5 set. Cover with enough water. Boil for an hour. Discard water. Cool the soup no. 5 set and wash well.
2. Return meat in pressure cooker and add oxtail. Add garlic cloves, ginger slices, onion, peppercorns, sibot, and water to cover everything. Pressure cook for 1 to 2 hours or until tender, adding more water when necessary, making sure to leave about 8 cups of broth left.
3. Remove meat and cut into small pieces and set aside. Strain the rich dark broth and set aside.
4. In the same pressure cooker over medium heat, sauté garlic, onions, ginger, and celery in oil and butter until translucent and fragrant. Add chopped meat and continue sautéing for a few more minutes.
5. Add labanos, strained broth, and fish sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste if necessary.