PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 8-10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
1½ kg pork, pata, cut up
6 pieces garlic cloves, smashed
2 tablespoons patis
8 cups water
2 packs DEL MONTE Quick ‘n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g)
3 tablespoons oil
¾ cup eggplant, sliced
¾ cup puso ng saging, trimmed and sliced
1 cup sitaw, cut into 3-inch long pieces
1⅓ cup pechay
¼ cup bagoong alamang
1. Place pata slices in a large pot with enough water to completely cover it. Bring to a boil. Drain water and wash pata of any scum that has been released under running water.
2. Return pata to pot and add enough water to cover it completely. Add garlic and patis. Bring to a boil and boil until tender, about 45 mins.
3. Remove the garlic and mince.
4. In a pan over medium heat, sauté minced garlic and bagoong alamang. Quickly sauté vegetables for a few minutes. Remove from pan.
5. In the same pan, place 1½ cups of the broth from boiling pata and mix in DEL MONTE Quick ‘n Easy Kare-Kare Mix. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened.
6. Arrange pata meat and sautéed vegetables onto a sizzling plate. Heat the plate and serve by drizzling over the thickened sauce.