Makes 12 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
1 dozen cooked balut, peeled
1/2 cup flour
Oil for frying
1/2 small onion, peeled and chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 thumb sized ginger, peeled and minced
2 pieces siling labuyo, minced
1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup all-purpose cream
Pepper to taste
1. Dredge the balut pieces in flour.
2. Heat a pot with oil for frying. Deep fry the balut pieces until golden. Set aside.
3. In a different pan, heat oil and saute onion and garlic until golden. Add the ginger, siling labuyo, and spring onion and saute until fragrant.
4. Mix in the chicken stock, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and all-purpose cream until combined. Add pepper to taste.
5. Place the balut pieces in a sizzling plate and pour the sauce.