PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1.5 hours
1/4 kilo pork face
1/4 cup pig brains
1/2 piece white onion, quartered
3 pieces garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1/4 teaspoon peppercorns
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
1/4 cup white onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 piece calamansi, juiced
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups milk
1½ cup cheese, grated
2 pieces bay leaf
1 tablespoon mustard
Onion powder, to taste
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
1 pack dumpling wrappers
Sauteed red and green bell peppers
1 cup red onion, large, diced
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1. In a Large pot, place pork face and pig brains in a heat-safe resealable plastic and pour about 4 cups of water. Add onions, garlic, peppercorns, salt, and cup soy sauce then bring to a boil. Simmer until soft for about 1 hour.
2. Once soft, take out the pork and pat dry with a towel.
3. Grill or place in the oven until crispy. Set aside to cool. Once cool, mince the cooked pork and set aside.
4. In a pan, sauté the onions in oil over medium heat for a few minutes, until aromatic.
5. Add the minced pork and mix until well combined. Adjust taste with garlic, pepper, and soy sauce and calamansi if necessary. Set aside.
1. Melt butter in a small pan over medium heat then add milk, bay leaf, mustard, and grated cheese. Mix until completely melted and smooth. Season with onion powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside to cool.
1. Spread dumpling wrappers in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate and microwave with 1 minute intervals until crispy.
2. Arrange dumpling chips in a serving plate and top with sisig, sauteed bell peppers, diced onions, diced tomatoes, and drizzle cheese sauce all over.