PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 2-4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 1/2 hours
1/4 kilo pork face
1/4 cup pig brains
1/2 piece white onion, quartered
3 pieces garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1/4 teaspoon peppercorns
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
1/4 cup white onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 piece calamansi, juiced
2 packs all-purpose cream
1 pack cream cheese
2 pieces laurel leaves
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup white onion, large, diced
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 cup green bell pepper, diced
½ teaspoon cumin
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
2 pieces tortilla wrappers
1. In a Large pot, place pork face and pig brains in a heat-safe resealable plastic and pour about 6 cups of water. Add onions, garlic, peppercorns, salt, and 1/2 cup soy sauce then bring to a boil. Simmer until soft for about 1 hour.
2. Once soft, take out the pork and pat dry with a towel.
3. Grill or place in the oven until crispy. Set aside to cool. Once cool, mince the cooked pork and set aside.
4. In a pan, sauté the onions in oil over medium heat for a few minutes, until aromatic.
5. Add the minced pork and mix until well combined. Adjust taste with garlic, pepper, and soy sauce and calamansi if necessary. Set aside.
1. In a deep pan, mix cream and cream cheese until saucy. Add laurel leaves and onion powder and mix. Set aside.
1. In a pan over medium heat, sauté onions and bell peppers until fragrant. Add cumin and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
1. Place a line of sisig at one end of the tortilla wrapper followed by a line on the sautéed mixture and a generous spread of the sauce.
2. Fold both ends into the tortilla and roll the tortilla.
3. Pan fry the tortilla – seam side down to seal. Top with remaining sautéed mixture and cheese.