Home » Sinigang Na Tilapia Sa Dilaw
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
¼ cup red onions, roughly cut into fours
2 thumbs fresh turmeric, peeled and sliced into disks and smashed
1 stalk lemongrass, leaf discarded, root smashed and roughly cut diagonally
3 pieces dried kaffir lime leaves
¼ cup tomatoes, sliced into wedges
½ cup miso paste
1/2 cup tamarind paste, soaked in ½ cup warm water
2 pieces whole medium tilapia, scored twice and seasoned with salt and pepper
2 cups mustasa leaves
1 bundle sigarilyas
1 whole piece labanos, peeled and sliced diagonally
2 pieces red chilies, chopped
½ cup wansoy, hand teared
2 tablespoons fish sauce
Salt and black pepper ground to taste
1. In a blender, pulse garlic, onions, fresh turmeric, lemongrass, and kaffir lime leaves. Add about 2 tbsp of oil to create a paste. You can also opt to pound it in a mortar and pestle until you create a paste.
2. Place stock pot on medium heat and pour in your cooking oil. Sauté paste for about 2 – 3 minutes and then add tomatoes and saute for another 2 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and roasted. Add the miso paste and saute for another minute before pouring in the tamarind water.
3. Add about 500ml of water and let simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes before dropping the fish. Let simmer for about 5 – 7 minutes before dropping the mustasa leaves, sigarilyas, labanos.
4. Pour in the fish sauce to season and let simmer for another 5 minutes. Season to taste.
5. Once cooked, serve with some wansoy/ cilantro and chopped red chilies on top.
Liked this Sinigang Sa Dilaw recipe? Also try our Ube Sinigang!