Spain’s Chaiyenne Huisman is Miss Asia Pacific International 2019! She visited the BiteSized kitchen to show us her favorite recipe she loves to cook during pageant season. It’s her super easy and healthy Shrimp Curry served with Cauliflower Rice!
Makes 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
1 piece bell peppers, cubed
1/2 cup carrots, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 tablespoon curry powder, divided
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder, divided
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 cup bean sprouts
1 kilo shrimp, cleaned and deveined
1 cup all-purpose cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2 heads cauliflower
2 cups water
1. Heat the oil and cook the bell peppers until slightly soft.
2. Add half of the carrots, onions, and mushrooms. Cook until onions are translucent.
3. Add half of the curry powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir fry until combined.
4. Mix in the garlic and bean sprouts. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. In the same pan, pan fry the shrimps until they change color. Season with the rest of the curry powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
6. Mix in the all-purpose cream and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
1. In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower pieces until they look like rice.
2. Boil the water and add the cauliflower. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
1. Place the cauliflower rice on a plate and top with the shrimp, vegetables, and the remaining carrots. Serve hot.
Liked this healthy recipe from friends of BiteSized? Also check out these recipes from some of our favorite chefs!