Makes 4-6 servings
Preparation and Cooking Time: 1 hour
1 kilo shrimp
3/4 kilo ground pork
½ cup carrots, minced
4 pieces eggs, divided
½ cup red onions, minced
2 cups flour, divided
Ground black pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
1/4 cup raisins
¼ cup celery
3 sheets nori wrapper
1 pack molo wrapper
1½ cup breadcrumbs
- Peel and devein shrimps. Set aside heads and tails.
- Add shrimp meat to ground pork and mix in carrots, 2 eggs, red onions, ½ cup flour, pepper, salt, raisins, and celery until well combined.
- Scoop a spoonful of embutido mixture and place over a sheet of nori or molo wrapper. Add a shrimp head and tail, then carefully wrap the mixture to form a cylindrical shape.
- Arrange the wrapped embutido in a steamer. Steam over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove the steamed shrimp embutido from the steamer and let cool. Coat with flour, 2 eggs (beaten), and breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry for a few minutes until golden brown and crispy. Serve and enjoy!