PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 8 – 10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour 45 minutes
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon oil
1piece white onion, large, minced
4 pieces garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons ginger, grated finely
½ cup spinach, chopped
½ cup broccoli, finely chopped
½ cup cauliflower, finely chopped
1/3 cup baby corn, finely chopped
¾ cup crab meat
1 cup shrimps, peeled and de-veined
4 tablespoons butter
2 cups milk
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup flour
Oil, for frying
1. In a large pan, saute the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter and oil over medium-low heat until softened. Add broccoli, cauliflower, and baby corn and continue cooking. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add crab meat, shrimps, and ginger then continue cooking until shrimps become pink. Remove from heat.
3. In the same pan, melt remaining butter and add flour. Cook until golden, about a few minutes. Whisk in milk until a smooth, thick sauce is achieved. Season with more salt and pepper. Add seafood mixture back into the pan and mix until well combined. Mix in spinach and simmer for a few more minutes. Transfer mixture to a tray and chill until firm.
4. Portion out the chilled mixture and using wet hands, form into desired shapes. Dredge in seasoned flour, eggs, flour, egg, breadcrumbs.
5. Deep fry until golden brown.
6. Assemble in a bento box with omelet and other lunchbox items