Makes 8 to 10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
2 inches fresh turmeric, grated and soaked in 4 tablespoons water
Cooking oil for pan frying
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 piece medium onion, minced
8 to 10 pieces squid rings
6 to 8 pieces shrimps
2 tablespoons crab meat
2 tablespoons taba ng talanka
1 cup glutinous rice, presoaked in 1 cup of water
1 cup regular rice
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups stock
Patis and pepper to taste
1 whole crab
1. Strain the liquid from the turmeric. Set the liquid aside.
2. Transfer the strainer with the turmeric on another bowl and squeeze to get some more liquid out. Add about 2 tablespoons from the first liquid strained. Set this aside.
3. In a nonstick pan over medium heat, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
4. Add the squid rings, shrimps, crab meat, and taba ng talanka. Saute until cooked.
5. Add the glutinous rice and regular rice. Mix in the coconut milk, stock, and turmeric liquid. Season with patis and pepper and mix.
6. Simmer in low heat until the liquid is almost completely absorbed and the rice is cooked. Add the crab and cover the pan. Let the steam cook the crab then remove from heat. Serve hot.