Makes 8 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
½ cup olive oil, divided
3 pieces small onion, chopped and divided
2 pieces garlic, minced and divided
250 grams mussels in shell
250 grams clams in shell
200 grams shrimps
100 grams squid rings
3 pieces small bell peppers, stripped
3 pieces chorizo bilbao, sliced
1 ½ bottle aligue
4 cups beef stock
2 ½ cups jasmine or paella rice
1 piece lemon, sliced into wedges
1. In a pan, sauté onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil until fragrant. Increase heat and sauté the seafood whilst stirring regularly, starting with the mussels, clams, shrimps, and squid rings. Separate the seafood from the liquid and set aside in separate bowls.
2. In a heated paella pan with the remaining olive oil, sauté onion, garlic, and bell peppers to make sofrito. Simmer until mushy.
3. Sauté chorizo bilbao and aligue in sofrito, mixing well.
4. Add seafood liquid and beef stock. Add rice, stir until evenly distributed, and cover with foil to cook.
5. Arrange seafood over cooked paella rice and cover with foil to complete cooking.
6. Serve hot, squeeze lemon juice over the paella, and enjoy!