PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 10-12 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and chopped into cubes
¼ cup garlic, chopped
¼ cup siling labuyo, chopped
2 kilos ulang shrimp, peeled
3 kilos freshly grated coconut meat (kinudkod na niyog)
Rock salt, to taste
4 cups coconut milk
1. In a large mortar and pestle, crush black pepper, ginger, garlic, and siling labuyo.
2. Add ulang and crush into a paste.
3. Salt the grated coconut and add to mortar and pestle. Ground into a well-combined paste.
4. Wrap the mixture into coconut leaves.
5. In a palayok over medium heat, place wrapped mixture and cover with coconut milk. Boil for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.