Home » Sardines Lasagna
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 6-8 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
3 cups milk
2 pieces bay leaf
1 cup quickmelt cheese, grated
4 cups / 2 large cans sardines in tomato sauce
3 tablespoons oil
1 cup red onions, sliced thick
¾ cup olives, sliced
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
12 pieces lasagna noodles, parboiled
3 cups quickmelt cheese, grated
1. In a pan, melt butter and stir in flour until a roux forms. Cook for a few minutes. Whisk in milk and add bay leaves. Bring to a boil with continuous stirring until slightly thickened. Reduce heat and stir in cheese until completely melted. Set aside.
1. Separate the sardines from the sauce and set aside. Remove bones from sardines and flake the flesh using a fork.
2. Saute onions, olives and tomatoes in a pan and add sauce. Cook for a few minutes and season with salt and pepper.
1. Line the bottom of a baking dish with red sauce. Layer noodles on top. Add a layer of the red sauce on top followed by layer of flaked sardines. Top with white sauce and grated cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Top with flaked sardines and grated cheese.
2. Cover with top and bake for 15 – 20 minutes at 180 ° C. remove foil and broil for 5 minutes on highest temperature until cheese is toasted.