Makes 3 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
1 1/2 kilos crabs (about 3 pieces)
1 1/2 tablespoons pepper
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 cup flour
1 whole garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup leeks, sliced
1/2 cup rice wine
1. Remove the crabs’ shells and set them aside.
2. Slice the crabs in half, place in a bowl, and wash.
3. After washing, dredge crabs with salt, pepper, and flour, making sure all the pieces are well coated.
4. Heat cooking oil in a deep pot for deep frying. Add the crabs and fry until orange. Set aside.
5. In a wok with some oil for sauteeing, saute the onion, garlic, and leeks. Mix in butter. Add pepper to taste.
6. Add the crabs and saute. Mix in the rice wine while sauteeing the crabs.
7. Serve hot.