Makes 3-4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
6 pieces red bell peppers
1 tablespoon olive oil
⅓ cup butter
8 pieces garlic cloves, smashed
¼ cup curly leaf parsley, chopped
½ cup white onion
1 tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon pepper
1⅓ cup vegetable stock
2 cups fettuccine pasta, cooked
1. Roast the whole red bell peppers over a grill or an open flame until it is completely black. Peel blackened skin off and cut into pieces. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, heat olive oil then melt butter over low heat. Add garlic and parsley and allow to steep over low heat for 10 mins, making sure the garlic or parsley doesn’t burn.
3. Turn the heat to medium – low and add the onions, cooking until soft and brown in color. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Add the sliced bell peppers and sauté everything together for a few minutes. Transfer to a blender.
5. Add vegetable stock and blend everything until smooth. Return blended mixture to the pan to simmer and reduce for a few minutes.
6. Add the pasta and mix together until well combined and warmed through. Serve hot!