PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 4-6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
½ kg Chicken breast fillet, cut into strips
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
Seasoned flour, for dredging
Oil, for frying
4 cups warm cooked rice
2 whole eggs
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup Japanese bread crumbs
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper and set aside in the chiller until needed.
2. Take your warm, newly cooked rice in a bowl, mix it with eggs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Preheat your oil for deep frying.
4. Arrange your work station beside the fryer starting with your seasoned chicken, a bowl of flour, the rice mixture a bowl of bread crumbs.
5. Start by taking your chicken and rolling it in flour. Then take a handful of the rice mixture and flatten it on your other hand. Place the dredged chicken on top of the flattened rice and then using both hands, mold the rice to encase the chicken strip. Dip it in the bowl of Japanese bread crumbs and then drop it in the hot oil.
6. Fry for about 5 – 8 minutes or until golden brown.