Home » Rice Crispies Chocolate Cookies
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 12 pieces
Preparation and cooking time: 1.5 hours
¾ cup cocoa powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 ¼ cup unsalted butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 pcs whole eggs
½ cup rice crispies
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius and prepare baking pan by greasing it and lining it with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix your melted butter, cocoa powder, and sugar. Make sure that all ingredients are well incorporated before adding in the egg whites and vanilla extract. Whisk all ingredients into a thick smooth consistency and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually pour the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients bowl, continuously folding in the dry ingredients until ingredients are all well incorporated. Add the rice crispies and gently fold.
4. Place tablespoons of the batter into a prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 – 17 minutes and serve.
Liked this chocolate packed cookies with a crunch? You might like Chef RV Manabat’s recipe: Chewy Chocolate Cookies!