PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 3 to 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 2 hours (depending on rice cooker)
1 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs, separate white from yolk
1 1/4 cups rice flour
1 3/4 tablespoons baking powder
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon all-purpose cream
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
Salted egg slices for topping
Toasted desiccated coconut for topping
Melted butter for topping
1. Soften cream cheese and mix with 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Blend in the yolks one at a time.
2. Sift the rice flour and baking powder. Add to the mix. Stir and add the coconut milk, all purpose cream, and melted butter slowly.
3. Beat egg whites in a separate clean bowl until. Gradually add sugar until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
4. Gently fold the meringue into the cream cheese mixture. Do not over mix.
5. Grease and powder with flour the inside of the inner cooking pan of a rice cooker. Place parchment paper on the bottom.
6. Pour the meringue and cream cheese mixture to the inner cooking pan and lightly tap the bottom of the pan to release trapped air. Place the pan in the rice cooker and close the lid.
7. Cook the cheesecake for one white rice cycle. Keep warm for 20 minutes and cook for another white rice cycle. You can do this another time if the top of the cake appears wobbly. Avoid opening the lid.
8. Test the cheesecake for doneness by sticking a toothpick through the center. It’s done if it comes out clean. If it doesn’t, keep the rice cooker on warm until the toothpick test comes out clean.
9. When baking completes, slightly cool and carefully remove the cake. Transfer to a serving dish, top with salted egg slices, desiccated coconut, and melted butter.