Makes 6 to 8 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 white onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, minced
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 piece bay leaf
1 can (14oz) crushed tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 piece kalabasa, sliced into thin rounds
1/2 piece zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
1 piece eggplant, sliced into thin rounds
2 pieces large tomato, sliced into thin rounds
1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 clove garlic, cooked and set aside
Basil for topping
Salt and pepper to taste
Extra virgin live oil for garnish
Balsamic vinegar for garnish
Spring onion for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 130 degrees C.
2. In a sauce pan over meium heat, add oil and saute onions and garlic until onion is translucent and garlic is golden.
3. Add the bell pepper, dried thyme, bay leaf, crushed tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Let it simmer.
4. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Pour the sauce.
5. Arrange the kalabasa, zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes on top of the sauce. Sprinkle the garlic olive oil and basil over the vegetables. Cover with baking paper. Bake until vegetables are soft, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
6. To serve a plate, scoop up the vegetables and place in the middle of a plate. Pour the sauce from the pan on the sides of the plate and finish with the spring onion and a swish of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.