Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
squid tentacles chopped up finely (from the ¼ kilo whole squid)
¼ kilo ground pork
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp garlic, chopped finely
5 tbsp white onions chopped finely
6 tbsp tomatoes, deseeded and chopped finely
1 ½ tsp smoked paprika powder
salt and pepper to taste
¼ kilo medium sized squid mantle/ body, cleaned and skinned
¼ cup garlic finely chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp calamansi juice
1 tbsp brown sugar
smoked paprika powder
1 cup olive oil
2 pcs bay leaf
¼ cup wansoy/ cilantro
5 tbsp toasted garlic
1. Heat olive oil in pan placed in burner on medium heat. Saute onions, garlic and tomatoes until soft.
2. Add half smoked paprika powder and ground pork and saute until meat is cooked. Add chopped up squid tentacles season with salt and pepper and the rest of the smoked paprika powder. Saute for about 2-3 minutes so the squid will be cooked tender and not gummy. Take out from the heat and set aside.
1. In a bowl, mix together 1/8 cup of the olive oil, ½ of the chopped garlic, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and calamansi juice, brown sugar and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Proceed with filling up the cavity the squid mantles by taking a spoonful of the filling and stuffing it in the body of the squid. Using a toothpick, close the squid cavity.
3. Once done stuffing all the squid, place it in the marinade and let it sit for about 30 minutes to an hour.
4. Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan placed on medium heat and then saute the rest of your chopped garlic, bay leaf, and stuffed squid in. Add in the rest of the smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper if still needed. Saute for only 3- 5 minutes so squid is cooked but tender.
5. Take out from heat place in serving dish, and make sure to take out the toothpicks, garnish with toasted garlic and wansoy/ cilantro leaves and serve.