Makes 12 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
3 tablespoons cooking oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 red onion, minced
½ kilo pork, chopped
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
¼ cup sugar
2 cups water
2 tablespoons cornstarch (diluted in 1/4 cup water)
4 cups all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons baking powder
4 tablespoons powdered milk
1½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
3½ cup water
½ cup butter, melted
4 salted eggs, sliced
¼ block cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oil and saute garlic and onion. Add pork and stir fry until brown.
- Mix in soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce and sugar. Add 2 cups of water and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add diluted cornstarch and stir until thick. Set aside and let cool.
- Grease puto molds/muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine, flour, baking powder, powdered milk, sugar and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs and water together.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture little by little while stirring. After, mix in melted butter until smooth.
- Fill molds/muffin pans half full with puto batter. Scoop 1 tbsp of pork asado into the mold. Pour puto batter on top just enough to cover the filling. Top with a slice of salted egg and grated cheese.
- Arrange in a steamer and cook for 10-15 mins.