Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
1 kilo pork belly slices
1 piece onion, quartered
5 pieces tomatoes, sliced into wedges
2 pieces gabi, peeled
4 to 6 cups water
1 piece siling pansigang
1 pack MAGGI® MAGIC SINIGANG SA GABI MIX (22g)
½ cup radish, sliced diagonally
½ cup okra, sliced diagonally
½ cup sigarilyas, cut into 2½ -inch pieces
1 cup kangkong leaves
2 cups back fat chicharon
1. Saute pork until brown. Set aside.
2. In the same pot, sauté onion and tomatoes until fragrant. Add gabi and water.
3. Add a cup or more of water if needed. Once gabi softens, mash tomatoes. Add siling pansigang and sautéed pork. Let it boil.
4. Pour MAGGI MAGIC SINIGANG SA GABI MIX. Add radish, okra, and sigarilyas. Boil.
5. Stir in kangkong and add chicharon. Transfer immediately into a serving bowl and serve while hot and crispy.