Makes 8 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
5 liters water
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 tablespoon salt
400 grams El Real Macaroni
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 piece onion, chopped
2 pieces garlic cloves, minced
1/2 kilo beef sirloin, cut into small cubes
1 piece bay leaf
1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
3 1/2 cups water
1 piece medium sized tomato, chopped
3 tablespoons patIs
250 grams tomato sauce
1 piece beef bouillon
1 small potato, cut into small cubes
1/4 piece saba, cut into small cubes
1/8 cup garbanzos
1/8 cup sliced long green beans
1/8 piece cabbage, shredded
3 leaves peachy, sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch diluted in 2 tablespoons hot water
Fried sliced chorizo bilbao
Fried sliced saba
1. Boil 5 liters of water in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon cooking oil and 1 tablespoon salt.
2. Add the El Real Macaroni. Stir occasionally.
3. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until tender but firm to the bite. Be careful not to overcook.
4. Drain and rinse in ice water. Set aside.
1. Heat oil in a pot and saute onion and garlic.
2. Add meat and bay leaf and enough water to boil the meat until soft.
3. Add 3 1/2 cups of water and peppercorns and allow to simmer.
4. Mix in the tomatoes, patis, tomato sauce, and beef bouillon until flavors are incorporated.
5. Add the potato, saba, garbanzos, and long green beans and simmer until cooked.
6. Add the cabbage, and pechay and diluted cornstarch. Mix well and turn off the heat.
7. Mix in the cooked macaroni noodles. Serve with toppings!