Makes: 8 sticks
Preparation and cooking time: 1.5 hours
1/2 kilo pork liempo
1/2 kilo chicken thigh
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1 can lemon-lime soda
10 pieces calamansi, juiced
3 tablespoons liquid seasoning
1 cup banana ketchup
1. Cut liempo and chicken thighs into bite sized pieces, about 1.5 inches per side.
2. Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon-lime soda, calamansi juice, liquid seasoning, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Add the meats and marinade for 30 minutes to 1 hour only.
3. In a pot, boil the meats with the marinade for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. Take 1 cup of the cooked marinade and place in a bowl. Mix with banana ketchup. Set aside this basting sauce.
5. Skewer the meats on bamboo skewers.
6. Heat a griller and oil it up to avoid meats from sticking to it.
7. Place the skewers and baste with prepared basting sauce. Cook each side for about 5 minutes each, constantly basting while grilling.
8. Test for doneness by slicing a small piece. Serve hot.