Home » Pinoy Meatloaf
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 8-12 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 3 hours and 45 mins (including 2-3 hours baking time)
2 tablespoons oil
1 piece white onion, minced
7 cloves garlic, minced
⅓ cup chorizo, diced
⅓ cup red bell peppers, diced
⅓ cup green bell peppers, diced
½ kilo ground pork
3 tablespoons liver spread
2 tablespoons tomato paste
½ cup tomato sauce
1½ cup beef broth
⅓ cup sweet pickle relish
¼ cup raisins
½ cup pineapples, diced
¼ cup hotdog, diced
2 eggs, beaten
¾ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
3 eggs, hardboiled and halved
¼ cup pineapple, sliced into small pieces
8-10 pieces ham squares
¼ cup red bell peppers, sliced into strips
¼ cup green bell peppers, sliced into strips
1 egg, beaten
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté onions, garlic, and chorizo until translucent and fragrant. Add red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and ground pork, sautéing until pork is browned.
2. Add liver spread and tomato paste and cook for a few minutes, mixing continuously.
3. Pour in tomato sauce and beef broth, then bring to a boil and simmer until most of liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Take off of heat and transfer into a mixing bowl.
4. Add pickle relish, raisins, pineapple, hotdog, cheese, breadcrumbs and beaten eggs into bowl, mixing until everything is well combined. Set aside.
1. Arrange garnish ingredients in a baking dish as preferred, then slowly brush on all sides then pour beaten egg over them.
2. Pour the meat mixture, making sure to pack it tightly. Cover the baking dish with foil.
3. In an oven preheated at 180 degrees Celsius, bake pinoy meatloaf for 2 to 3 hours until cooked through and set. Allow to rest, then slice and serve to hungry guests!