PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 8 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
Water, for soaking, boiling, and rinsing
3 cups potato noodles
3 cups kangkong
Salt, to taste
2 pieces egg yolks, beaten
2 pieces egg whites, beaten
4 tablespoons oil
2 pieces white onion, thinly sliced
½ cup carrots, sliced into thin sticks
½ cup wood ear mushrooms, chopped
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 cup beef tapa
3 tablespoons sesame oil
¼ cup soy sauce
1½ tablespoons sugar
½ tablespoon garlic, minced
Ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup white sesame seeds, toasted
1. Soak potato starch noodles in cold water for 30 minutes. Transfer noodles to a pot of boiling water and boil for 3 minutes. Remove and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2. In a pot, bring water to a boil and add salt. Blanch kangkong for 1 minute. Quickly dip in ice water. And chop into 2-inch pieces. Set aside.
3. In a lightly greased pan over low-medium heat, spread the egg yolk into a thin pancake and flip. Cut into thin strips. Repeat for Egg white.
4. Fry tapa in a pan for a few minutes until cooked. Remove from pan and slice into strips.
5. In a pan, stir fry white onion until softened, then remove from pan. Repeat for carrots, wood ear mushrooms, and shiitake mushrooms.
6. In the same pan, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, and minced garlic. Heat for a few minutes and place noodles. Toss to coat and warm through. Mix in tapa, kangkong, mushrooms, onions, egg strips, carrots, and sesame seeds.
7. Transfer while hot to a serving plate and enjoy!