Makes 3 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
3 pieces Robina Meats pork chops, 1-inch thick
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup soy sauce
6 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 cup pineapple juice
4 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons ginger, grated
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced or grated
1/3 cup pineapple chunks
Spring onions, finely chopped
1. In a bowl, season pork chop slices from Robina Meats with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, pineapple juice, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic.
Mix sauce until well combined and set aside.
3. In a pan over medium-high heat, sear the pork chops in a bit of cooking oil until browned on each side.
4. Pour sauce over pork chops. Allow to simmer, spooning sauce over pork chops occasionally. Cover to
trap the steam and keep the pork chops moist, until meat is tender.
5. Once sauce is reduced, remove cover and place pineapple chunks on top of pork chops. Spoon sauce
over pineapple chunks.
6. Remove from heat, transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with spring onions. Serve hot.