PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4-5 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
2 ½ cups coconut cream
2 cups condensed milk
1 cup crushed pineapple
8 pieces egg yolks
2 pieces eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons rum
1/4 cup sugar
¼ cup pineapple slices
1/8 cup cherries
1. In a bowl, mix together coconut cream, condensed milk, crushed pineapple, egg yolks, eggs, vanilla extract, and rum until well combined. Set aside flan mixture.
2. Heat sugar in a metal llanera over medium heat until a thick dark amber syrup completely covers the base.
3. Arrange pineapple slices and cherries onto the syrup at the bottom of the llanera before it hardens. Set aside to cool.
4. Pour flan mixture into the llanera.
5. Place llanera into a larger baking pan and fill with warm water until ¾ of the container.
6. Bake at 180˚C for 1 hour. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
7. Serve and enjoy!